Thursday 24 January 2013

Local Quilt Store Day

Support Your Local Quilt Store


It's Local Quilt Store Day today. I am fortunate enough to live near a really great store. Rainbow Patchwork is a delightful quilting shop in South Lismore in northern NSW. It sells fabrics and notions but also offers a long arm quilting service. And out the back is a large room for classes and quilt groups.


Co-owner Karen Traise was in store today and had no idea that it was Local Quilt Store Day in blogland. But she is very savvy on her business computing skills. 


At the front of the store was a Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt on the large quilting frame.


The shop is a visual delight from the moment that you walk in. It's lovely to see and handle bolts of quilting cotton.


Most of the bolts are $20 per metre but the ones in the day bed frame are $11 per metre. I managed to find some real sweeties in amongst them (they will feature in the Sunday's Sunday Stash - so stay tuned).


If you like Kaffe...there's a conflagration of that.


The lovely French General had a rack of their own.


Then there are the many quilts on display. This one is my particular favourite.


It was made by Karen with fab bright fabrics.


And a striking light thread on an black back.


And you never know who you'll run into at your LQS! Fellow local blogger and quilter Kirsten from Gemini Stitches.


So did you get along to your Local Quilt Store today? If you are interested you can look Rainbow Patchwork up on Facebook. 





5 comments:

  1. I love your photo of the store from the street Fiona, I didn't think to take one like that. And it was lovely to meet you at last - I am really looking forward to catching up with you again at the Sunday sew-in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I can see at least one fabric in the day bed that I'd like, lucky its a long way from me! No quilt shop visit today but yesterday? - that's another story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to two quilt stores today that I'd never been to! The first one wasn't my local one but I was in the area. They were all reproduction prints, lovely lady in there! And the second is literally 5 minutes walk from my house - it's owned and run by Rosalie Quinlan and Melly & Me. Gorgeous little shop but they had no idea it was a special day today and didn't really seem very interested.....Oh well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet little store! I went to mine today. Blog post to follow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat! I went to the store on Monday so I'll have something to share on Sunday as well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.