Wednesday 30 January 2013

A Top Runner


Before our wild and woolly long weekend I did manage to get my Tall Boy Runner top complete. I have not been able to sew since due to the clean up, all of my kid's starting the school year and some scheduled electrical upgrades here in our new house.



I am going to make it double sided with different fabrics on the back. I have a couple of mini - charms of Astor Manor and some scraps leftover from my queen bed quilt. I am still looking for the right pattern but am leaning towards a smaller version of Charming Stars which I used for a double-sided RWB Runner last year.



In hindsight I wish that I had made my dresser runner double sided but I just backed it with calico. I hope to start my 2nd top this weekend when I join a group of ladies at Rainbow Patchwork this Sunday for a 'Sew In'. It will be my first 'real' quilting group held each first Sunday of the month. And I am hoping Kirsten from Gemini Stitches will be there too!


This Week's  Sewing  Stats

Completed projects  -  'And Sew On' Jan block
                           'Just My Type' 'Faith' block for Kristy

Currently in progress -  Tall Boy Runner (top complete)
                                               
Yet to start  - Sherbert Dreams Quilt
                           
On Hold projects   - Sherbert Dreams Quilt
                                     - 4 Liberty Pillowcases 
                                     - Victorian Garden Quilt - to baste
                                     


Linking up with...WiP Wednesday
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.