Monday 1 October 2012

'To Do First' October

I missed the sign up to the 100 Day Hustle over at Kelsey Sews (blissfully out of range on a coastal holiday) but I am going to follow along anyway. I don't need fabric prizes to motivate me BUT accountability is essential. So I will be accountable nonetheless. 


Kelsey Sews
I can't think in terms of the REST of the year but I will be faithful to my 'to do first' commitment for October. My 'to do' list is a LOT smaller now that Zakka Style has left the building after 6 months of inflating my list.

MUST do:

Passport Cover - later this month we are off on a family cruise to the Pacific Islands of New Caledonia, Loyalty and Vanuatu. So this will be essential to hold our 5 Passports. I purchased the pdf pattern and tutorial from One Shabby Chick on Etsy.

QCA Bee #1 October Block - a nice easy block for Kay @ Shocking Hocking.

Wombat Stew - A very cute House block for Jane @ Where Jane Creates.

'Say Cheese!' Polaroid Block Swap - 10 more to do.

Mystery Quilt (back) - this will be a gift for the Preschool Director in December so I had better get a wriggle on.

Very Merry HST Block of the Fortnight - with Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts. I have 3 to catch up on so far.
A Very Merry HST BOF

LIKE to do:

4 Liberty fabric pillow cases - to match the 'Liberty Cross' quilt I gave to Jean last year.

6 Halloween fabric pillow cases - to match the Halloween quilts I made for the kids last year.            They kind of look a bit weird with Toy Story, Thunderbird and Babushka pillow cases.

Katie Jump Kites - baste this monster quilt. I may not get a chance to quilt it until November  as I hope to borrow my mum's embroidery machine with a longer arm.


'Little Stitches' Embroidery - My machine has been in for its annual service this past week and so whilst on holidays I have been sewing by hand some of Aneela's patterns. I am not sure what I will make with them though.

DON'T WANT to do:

Craftsy BoM - I have to catch up on June, August, September and October.

HOPE to do:

Sherbert Dreams - maybe start this quilt finally!

Tall Boy runner & Larger Nesting Box - to match the rest of the bedroom runners and Zakka Style nesting boxes.

So how is your list looking for October?

'To Do First' is the brainchild of Charlotte @ Lawson and Lotti.
LawsonandLotti


4 comments:

  1. That looks like a very doable list! :)

    Some good like-to-do projects too (and I'm so with you on the don't want to do - I gave up on the Craftsy Bom!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great list. I am going to do get on with my Craftsy blocks this week, I am six behind I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to be busy! I do love those stacking boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls are so organized down there, good for you!. I'm so bad in this. I signed up to Groovy quilt along but I haven't touch it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.