Wednesday 17 October 2012

Balloons Aloft


It's been a slow kind of machine sewing month for me. Conversely Duncan and I have been enjoying doing some hand embroidery using Aneela Hooey's 'Little Stitches' patterns.

Duncan finished his Gingerbread men. I have made it into a little project that will be revealed early next month in the Sew Seasonal Blog Hop to be run by Blossom Heart Quilts and Quiet Play.

I have yet to make my snow globe into something similar but I have started on a new design.  For this I am learning to use a long satin stitch and also a couching stitch.


This Week's Stats

Completed projects  -  Sew Seasonal Mystery Project
                                           - QCA Bee block for October
                                           - 'Say Cheese' polaroid mini blocks - 10 more to do

Currently in progress - embroidery balloon
                                               - embroidery snowglobe
                                                                             
Yet to start  - 4 Liberty Pillowcases 
                         - Wombat Stew House Block for Jane
                        - Mystery Quilt back 
                        - Katie Jump Kites - ready to baste
                      
On Hold projects   - Sherbert Dreams Quilt
                                      - Craftsy BOMs from June, August and September

       

I am linking up with...


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. Lovely embroidery! I love that it's something that you and Duncan are doing together - that's really special!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.