Wednesday 5 September 2012

Zakka Happy Progress


The Zakka bullet train has been speeding away from me since July and so I have declared it to be Zakka Style September in order to catch up and complete the book this month. I have 7 projects to finish and I am off to a slow-ish start.

There's a lot of other stuff going on within our house and also in the lives of other folks this week - so I have not had much time to sew at all. But I have a WiP for this week's Happy Garland Messenger Board and up for grabs is a $25 voucher to Fabric Worm. I love their selections and speedy service so I hope to be finished up in time to be in the running.

So here's my progress so far..


Summersville Charm Pack Give-Away Winner

It was so nice to read some of your favourite places in the world for this give-away. They were quite varied and had me longing to see some of them - I have always wanted to see the Isle of Skye, as the McLeod (my maiden name) forebears were from there, but I had no idea you could collect old pottery along its beaches! So thanks Lisa. And I would love to visit Nova Scotia (see my Celtic heritage shining through?) like Heather.

Anyway the winner of the charm pack is...
#28 Vera - who goes by the moniker Vexa. Congratulations. She has been a long time follower and a fellow participant in the Zakka Sew-Along.

Sadly she skipped the best town bit but I would imagine that there are some wonderfully beautiful places in her native Czech Republic. I have had a photograph of Prague on my wall since 1996 and long to go there, Mareen.

This week's stats:
Completed projects  - 0

Currently in progress  - Zakka Style Sew Along  Happy Garland Messenger Board

Yet to start - Craftsy BOMs
                         - Sherbert Dreams Quilt
                         - Zakka Style Little Pocket Pillowcase
                        - ZSSA Pleated coin purse ( I have finally ordered the frames)
                         - ZSSA Water Bottle Holder
                         - ZSSA Patchwork Ribbon
                        - ZSSA Sweet Momeroies Photo frame
                       - ZSSA Nesting Boxes

On Hold projects   1 Katie Jump Kites - top finished


So how are you going so far this week?

I'm linking up with...


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

  1. What cute little flags for your garland. Looking forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about that train, hope you get time to whip right through those projects soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won! Thank you so much! Yes, Prague is a lovely city but it doesn't feel like favourite city to me. I might not be city lover. I enjoyed Sydney very much and many other places but wouldn't call them favourite.
    I'm so excited that I won. I made all of the Zakka projects so far but haven't won a single thing :-) I haven't start with this project yet ... gotta go, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little flags. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such adorable little flags! I'll be looking out for the reveal on the finish =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your little bunting! Hope you manage some September Sewing! :)

    Congratulations to Vexa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I haven't even started on the Zakka projects! I can't believe people are finishing already. I need to move to a cave and live alone so I can get more done, every day, LOL! Good Luck getting caught up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.