Friday 31 August 2012

Boxes Purge

I did it!

I am so proud of myself for knuckling down and just throwing it all out. Today I double dipped with the recycling truck and got rid of all the toy boxes that I had been hoarding for up to 8 years.

I did photograph the piles, which filled 2 bins, but then discovered that I had not put my SD card in the camera for the 2nd time this week. Oh well! Trust me, there were piles of big medium and little sized boxes.

Wanna see BEFORE and AFTER shots?





A box of children's books, an ice cream maker and a plastic trailer went to the op-shop collection in the afternoon. 

It turned out to be quite liberating and easier than I thought to get rid of it all. Mostly it was hard work trying to break them all down and squash them into the recycling bins.

There is certainly more to tackle in the garage - especially the packing boxes that have not be touched since we moved in nearly 3 years ago! 

My Reward

Apart from seeing less clutter and feeling empowered, I promised myself that I would buy Aneela Hooey's new Cherry Christmas line if I got rid of them all. I had priced them at a few US stores but I have found the Fat 8th bundle for LESS here in Australia at Want it, Need it, Quilt! So ordered myself some and some extra charm packs as well. Insured and tracked postage is only $14 compared with the US standard of $17...and it will get here MUCH quicker.

Now I will be able to join in on the Very Merry HST block of the Fortnight with Blossom Heart Quilts. 

A Very Merry HST BOF

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! It is very liberating isn't it, having a major declutter! I have one scheduled for the next school holidays- I found stuff today I had forgotten about! Look forward to seeing your new fabric purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great job! I'll need to get round to doing that eventually, to save doing it all later...maybe it'll be a weekend thing....
    Of course you need a treat after all that hard work, it's crazy the shipping prices these days! =D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.