Thursday 29 March 2012

Cancelled Relief

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday will be HERE in 2 days! So don't forget to come back once you have turned your WiPs (Work in Progress) into TGIFFs. Hehehe!


A 'No Show'


It seems that I have been given a reprieve from my impossibly busy week by the cancellation of the HTTYD 'How to Train Your Dragon' performance in Brisbane tonight. It seems that the dragons had not been behaving themselves...or more likely the vikings. I have been able to reschedule at a discounted rate for Saturday afternoon instead. Phew! That has given me back time today and all of tomorrow to continue working on my 'Gelato' quilt.
WiP - 'Gelato' Scrappy Log Cabin QCA Bee Quilt
I had about 3 hours today, before my SAS meeting, to get quilting on this project.
 So I zig zagged around the edge first.
Then began shadowing the ditch around the blocks.
I am using white thread for the first time ever.
So far I have done the verticals and horizontals.
And I have taped the diagonals ready to quilt for tomorrow (which I have now got back from the dragons!).



This week's stats:
Completed projects - 0
Currently in progress   - 'Gelato' log cabin quilt - basted and now straight line quilting.
                                               -  'HR Far Far Away 2&3 Fussy Fairytales' quilt to baste and quilt 
New projects - 0 (but April starts on the weekend and this list # will jump up dramatically)



I am linking up with....


and also entering this quilt into the Festival Of Scrappiness competition at 'Stitched in Color' but I am #264 on the list so I don't like my chances. Imagine the job of judging that one!

5 comments:

  1. Looking good so far! I'd never thought of stitching around the edge before quilting - is that silly of me?!

    Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristy I am not convinced that it's a good idea yet...this is my 3rd quilt using the zig zag around the edge first. It can cause problems with the fabric puckering at the edge and I usually unpick the zig zag to flatten the stitches out. I read in one of Rita's Red Pepper Quilt posts that she does it and that's where I picked it up.

      Delete
  2. Hi Fiona! Thanks for stopping by to see my scrappy table runner! I like your quilting, and I almost always use white thread. ;) have fun with it, and enjoy the festival! Lily.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.