Thursday 22 December 2011

Declutter #8 - Bedrooms

My first foray into the world of home organisation came with a book recommendation. It's 'Cut the Clutter' by Cynthia Townley-Ewer. She can be found at http://organizedhome.com/

To capitalise on my time I keep this book in my ensuite and have steadily been working through it this year. This month I same to the chapter that tackles 'Caring for beds and mattresses'. 

Start the habit of rotating and flipping your mattresses at the start of the new season. It is so easy to forget to do this when the weekly grind of changing the linens is hard enough. But linking it to the seasons is a great mnemonic.
So over the course of this week, with my husband's help I have been flipping and turning every mattress and I wrote a code on each one to remind me too.

Guest bed in the sewing room
I put new quilts on each bed


Vintage 'Thunderbirds' cover
Brothers right?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.